New Fire Station
As part of its strategic planning process, the FLFD Leadership Team is committed to building a new facility to be used in conjunction with the current station to meet the needs of the community for years to come. A steel building is envisioned that will be functional, is aesthetically pleasing, and will be low cost. In order of descending priority, priorities remain as bay space, crew quarters and admin/triage/office space. A conditional use permit (CUP) was approved by the county on September 28, 2016. Our plan is to start the building in the spring of 2017. We have employed an architectural firm with significant experience in fire station design, HDA Architects, LLC, to design the new station. We have issued a request for proposal asking for a statement of qualifications from prospective construction firms. We will be using the Construction Manager @ Risk (CMAR) method, with a Guaranteed Maximum Price (GMP), to secure the best possible value for FLFD.
- Building designed.
- Construction documents being prepared.
- Conditional Use Application (CUP) approved by Coconino County on September 28, 2016.
- Construction management company selection in process.
- Construction currently scheduled to start in the spring of 2017.
- Projected completion date spring of 2018.